Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Alora got sick :(

So after a year of being the healthiest child ever Alora finally got sick. Last Tuesday night I noticed that she was feeling a little warm, but since she wouldn't stay still to have her temperature checked I didn't know how high it was. By the next night she was super hot and I knew something was up. Bobby volunteered at 6am to go to the store to get a thermometer that would test her forehead that was quicker so we could know how high her fever was.

By the time he got home and we checked she was running a fever of 102. We gave her some tylonel and it went down some, but I could tell she definitely wasn't feeling well. I was confused because I thought she would be having other symptoms, but besides the fever she didn't have anything else going on. We went ahead and took her to the pediatrician, and he checked her out. He said one ear looked a little red and so he proscribed some antibiotics.

We went home, but by that night Alora's temperature was now up to 103. Being first time parents Bobby and I freaked out. We tried to check online to see when a temperature is too high and when you should really worry, but of course our internet was down. So we made the split second decision to take her to the ER. When we got there they said that her ears, nose, and throat looked fine and they weren't sure why she had a fever. They said to just alternate tylonel and ibuprofen to help get her fever down (so wish the first doctor would have told us that).

Finally by this weekend Alora finally started to feel better. I'm still not 100% sure what caused her to get ill, but I'm glad that she is starting to feel good now. This experience definitely helped me be thankful for when she is her normal happy self and to not take that for granted.

Healthy and Happy Alora hanging out with her Disney Pals :)

No comments:

Post a Comment